If You Don’t Love Your Furnace, You Might Just Lose It!
Did you know that poorly maintained furnaces are responsible for most heating repair calls? Ask any HVAC contractor, and you’ll get the same answer. Furnace repair isn’t cheap, and in the worst case scenario, you’ll be shopping for an unexpected furnace replacement. If you want your furnace to go the distance, schedule heating maintenance every fall. Here are five good reasons why you’ll be glad you did:
1. A well-maintained furnace is a healthy furnace. A neglected furnace can make you sick by polluting your indoor air or by developing a carbon monoxide leak. Ignoring furnace maintenance can make your home dry and dusty. You could invest in an air purification system, a carbon monoxide detector and a humidifier to fix all these problems. But why not get your heating system serviced instead? A furnace tune up will cost you much less than an electronic air cleaner, a carbon monoxide detector and a humidifier.
2. Annual maintenance will extend the life of your furnace. Heating systems work hard every day to keep you and your family cozy and comfy. Without annual tune ups, you are condemning your furnace to an early demise. If you aren’t convinced, consider what would happen to your car if you never changed the oil.
3. Furnace tune ups save on heating repair bills. When you schedule a tune up, your technician will inspect, test, clean and lubricate your entire heating system. He will also look for worn or malfunctioning parts, gas leaks, loose electrical connections and thermostat problems. Identifying and correcting issues immediately can mean the difference between a small furnace adjustment and a hefty furnace repair. The average cost of furnace repair can range between $400 and $1,200, whereas the average price of furnace maintenance may be less than half that amount. Many HVAC contractors even offer periodic specials on heating tune ups so you can save even more.
4. Heating maintenance saves money on energy costs. A well maintained furnace will operate more efficiently than a poorly maintained furnace. This translates into lower energy bills. Tuned up furnaces also perform better, thereby keeping your home more comfortable.
5. Annual heater maintenance keeps your furnace warranty in effect. If you don’t get annual maintenance, the manufacturer’s warranty may be voided. Most furnace warranties also require that your furnace be serviced by a qualified professional. If you skimp on heating maintenance and a problem develops, your warranty might not cover furnace repair or furnace replacement.
To learn what’s involved in a proper heating system tune up or to schedule annual furnace maintenance, visit the Rapid Repair Experts for heating service in Raleigh, NC, and the entire Triangle area.